DIY STAINLESS STEEL BALUSTRADE STAIR RAILS AND BANISTERS
Our DIY brush polished stainless steel handrail systems add style to any contemporary home improvement or office renovation project.
DESIGNED FOR A QUICK, EASY FIT, USING SIMPLE ENGINEERING PRINCIPLES, INSTALLATION COULDN'T BE EASIER!
- Clean, straight-cut stainless steel tube
- Modular push-fit fittings that fit internally into the rail
- Aerobic bonding technology (industrial grade high strength glue)
Stainless steel is a very hard material. Please ensure all safety precautions are followed, particularly when drilling, tapping and cutting.
STEP ONE: VERY IMPORTANT – ASSEMBLE ALL PARTS “DRY” PRIOR TO BONDING TOGETHER
SAWING THE TUBES
Always ensure a straight cut using a suitable fixed blade saw. Use a suitable cutting fluid to prolong blade life. Remove all burrs after cutting the tube
- Apply a small bead of High Strength Retainer to the male insert part of the fitting.
- Insert fitting into tube (or female fitting) and adjust to desired position
- Hold or clamp in position until bonded. Bonded in 10 to 30 mins, fully cured in 24 hrs.
FIXING BY MECHANICAL METHOD IS REQUIRED TO ATTACH ITEMS SUCH AS GLASS CLAMPS.
DRILLING AND TAPPING THE STAINLESS STEEL TUBE
- Clamp tube securely in a vice or similar
- Mark tube with centre-punch.
- If possible, using cutting fluid.
- Drill hole using suitable drill bit.
- Cut the thread with a thread tap. Remove excess swarf.
- Alternatively, use rivet nuts.